Volunteer now to assist with a Nebraska FLL Tournament!
Nebraska FIRST LEGO League is growing! This year there will be six Qualifying Tournaments before the FLL Championship Tournament.
Each qualifier will give 15 - 24 teams of youth, ages 9-14, the opportunity to show off their science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills in a fun, sports-like environment. All FLL events include Robot, Project, and Core Values competitions. Forty-eight teams will advance to the Championship Tournament.
- Lincoln (November 23) - Sponsored by Time Warner Cable's Connect a Million Minds initiative
- Omaha (December 7)
- Bellevue (December 14)
- Kearney (January 11)
- Humboldt (January 18)
- South Sioux City (January 25)
- Championship Tournament - Ashland (February 22)
Many volunteers are needed to make each event a success. There is a volunteer role for anyone who would like to help out, from setting up, to judging, to serving as a team escort. Some jobs need a bit of technical expertise, where others are perfect for anyone interested. High school youth are welcome to volunteer too!
Volunteers receive lunch, a thank-you gift, and lots of appreciation and recognition.
Review the list of volunteer roles and complete the registration form. Then complete and mail the Volunteer Screening and FLL Release forms to complete your registration. Send both forms to the address indicated on the Volunteer Screening form.
Please complete the online Volunteer Registration Form and submit your screening for no later than two weeks before the event you're attending.
Required Volunteer Forms:
- FLL Consent and Release Forms -- English / Spanish
- Nebraska 4-H Volunteer Screening Form: Those who have completed this form in the last three years do not need to complete it again. (Please note that your Social Security number is required to complete a background check. All personal information is accessible to only one person the 4-H office and is stored in a secured location.)
At least two weeks before the event you'll be attending, return both forms in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential” to the State 4-H Program Administrator, State 4-H Office, 114 Ag Hall, PO Box 830700, Lincoln, NE 68583-0700.
The Volunteer Coordinator for each event will e-mail you to confirm your volunteer position. He'll also inform you of any pre-event training needed and provide instructions on the day of the event.
If you're not able to volunteer, you're encouraged to come see what FIRST LEGO League is all about. See the event pages for each tournament for location and scheduing information.